By Chris Schafer
Junior Victory – Major
• Little Falls 12, Pierz Brandl 2Little Falls captured the Junior Victory League title by defeating Pierz 12-2. Joe Rydeen was the winning pitcher and Riley Hirsch went 2-2 with a double in the victory. Beau Hanowski also went 2-2 with a pair of doubles for Little Falls in the victory.
• Little Falls 9, Sobieski 2Beau Hanowski went 3-4 with a double and Joe Rydeen went 2-3 as Little Falls defeated Sobieski 9-2. Hanowski also pitched seven innings for the win. Zach Gutormson and Logan Kalis each went 1-3 for Sobieski.
• Flensburg 9, Pierz Brandl 2Luke Schwanke went 4-4 with two doubles to aid his pitching as Flensburg defeat Pierz 9-2. Mike Witlow went 2-4 with a home run for Flensburg. • Onamia 7, St. Stephen 4 Alex Leech pitched four innings for the win and Mark Francor went 3-5 as Onamia edged St. Stephen. Zach Pilarski went 1-3 with two runs for St. Stephen.
Junior Victory – Minor
• Little Falls Dairy Queen 7, Upsala 1Logan Weise went 2-3 with two triples and three RBIs and Matt Messerschmidt pitched five strong innings as Little Falls beat Upsala 7-1. Chris Ripplinger had two hits for Upsala.
• Upsala 16, Flensburg 2Brandon Welinski and Chris Ripplinger each had three hits as Upsala defeated Flensburg 16-2. Shawn Lampert had two hits for Upsala and Jake Voss was the winning pitcher. Joe Tholsky, Eli Ploof and Garret Grams each had two hits for Flensburg. • Pierz Kurtz Furniture 7, Little Falls Coborn’s 6 Mitch Woitalla pitched five strong innings and Zach and Dylan Kummet each went 2-3 as Pierz defeated Little Falls. Danny Kornbaum and Alex Scott each went 2-4 for Little Falls. • Sobieski 14, Royalton 1 Hunter Hanowski and Cody Graves each went 2-2 as Sobieski defeated Royalton. Grant Bell was the winning pitcher. Ethan Sczublewski had a double for Royalton. • Pierz Hartmann’s Furniture 4, Little Falls Dairy Queen 3 Zach Pohlkamp went 2-3 with an RBI and Matt Hanowski and Logan Weisz both went 1-3 in the victory. Hanowski added an RBI, and Weisz scored a run.
•Randall 16, Upsala 1 Mac Griffith went 4-4 and Eddie Wenzel went 3-4 as Randall defeated Upsala. Cody Meyer went 2-3 with a triple for Randall. Brandon Welinski had two hits for Upsala.
•Pierz Kurtz Furniture 16, Flensburg 6 Andy Kretschmar went 2-3 and Eden Hanson went 1-1 with the winning single for Pierz. Alex Pietrowski was the winning pitcher. Brad Dzieweczynski had two hits for Flensburg.
Junior Victory – Rookie
• Little Falls Benson Radiator and Tire 12, Little Falls Atomic Learning 1Sam Rydeen went 3-4 and Mike Anderson went 1-2 with three runs as Benson Radiator defeated Atomic Learning 12-1. Joey Hanowski pitched two innings for the victory.
• Royalton Gold 9, Sobieski 5Dylan Fisher had a triple and three RBIs and Preston Zimney went 2-2 as Royalton defeated Sobieski 9-5. Riley Gutormson went 2-2 with 3 RBIs and Tren Dinius went 1-2 with two RBIs for Sobieski. • Flensburg 22, Pierz J.B. Schomer 7 Eli Waldoch went 3-3 with four RBIs and August Maciej went 3-3 as Flensburg won a convincing game over Pierz. Cory Lungren and Matt Valentine went 3-4 for Flensburg, Valentine had a home run. Cody Poster had a double and two RBIs for Pierz. • Little Falls Benson Radiator 11, Royalton Maroon 1 Michael Anderson was the winning pitcher and Lee Skiejewski and Spencer Lubbers each had a home run as Little Falls ten-runned Royalton. Matt Silbernick collected Royalton’s only hit.
• Little Falls Wetzel Law Firm 7, Little Falls Atomic Learning 3Robert Munnell went 2-3 with an RBI, a triple and two runs and Thomas Smith went 2-3 with three runs, an RBI and a double as Wetzel Law Firm defeated Atomic Learning. Collin Eckman went 2-3 with two RBIs in the victory. • Pierz Red’s Auto 14, Royalton Gold 8 Brady Dorn went 3-3 in support of his own pitching performance as Red’s Auto defeated Royalton Gold 14-8. Ben Boser also went 3-3 in the game. Jesse Trutwin went 2-3 for Royalton.
• Little Falls DMS Machine 16, Pierz J.B. Schomer 4Matt Stumpf and Nathan Masog each went 3-3 in the victory for DMS. Stumpf finished with two RBIs and Masog scored three runs. Alex Nelson went 2-2 with four RBIs and Travis Spillum went 2-3 with four RBIs for DMS.
• Flensburg 17, Royalton Maroon 6Matt Valentine and John Boros each went 3-4 as Flensburg defeated Royalton. Valentine was also the winning pitcher. Luke Thoma aided the attack going 3-3. Matt Silbernick went 3-3 for Royalton. • Little Falls Benson Radiator and Tire 20, Sobieski 1 Sam Rydeen went 4-4 with four RBIs as Benson Radiator won easily. Lee Skiejewski was the winning pitcher. Colton Kruzel went 2-2 in opposition for Sobieski.