The first class of honorees as Dakota County Exceptional Businesswomen were recognized during a Thursday, Jan. 28 luncheon in Lakeville.
The 15 recipients for the award were selected by Dakota County Tribune Business Weekly staff members after an open nomination process was conducted in late 2009.The honorees were selected based on their accomplishments in business and the community.
The 2010 Exceptional Businesswomen are:
• LaDonna Boyd, Dakota Electric;
• Marie DeNicola; Mainstream Boutique;
• Jackie Fritz, Sterling State Bank;
• Holly Hewitt, Holly’s Centre Stage Dance;
• Rachel Hollstadt, Hollstadt and Associates;
• Kathy Klang, Cummings, Keegan and Co.;
• Beth Krehbiel; Fairview Ridges Hospital;
• Doris LaMott Hoel, Chateau Lamothe;
• Maggie Linvill, Linvill Properties;
• Annette Marquez, The Perfect Occasion;
• Amy Mayer, BI Consulting Group;
• Darlene Miller, Permac Industries;
• Deb Thomas, Partners in Excellence;
• Julia Thompson, TAGS Gymnastics; and
• Janelle Waldock, Blue Cross Blue Shield.
The keynote speaker was Joy Eldred, vice president of Burnsville-based Frontier Communications.[flagallery gid=26 name=”Exceptional Businesswomen Lunch”]