Tag Archives: fire

Breakfast will help Farmington fire victim

Kerri Davis lost her home, belongings, car in fire by Laura Adelmann Thisweek Newspapers A Knights of Columbus breakfast is dedicated to helping a local kindergarten teacher recover after losing her home, car and belongings in a fire. All proceeds … Continue reading

Posted in Sun Thisweek | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | Comments Off on Breakfast will help Farmington fire victim

Firefighters called to 3rd Street N.

Firefighters responded to a possible fire at 802 3rd Street N. at 12:28 on Friday, Nov. 18. There was no fire, just some smoke from a cooking mishap on the stove. Firefighters ventilated the residence.

Posted in Princeton Union Eagle | Tagged , , | Comments Off on Firefighters called to 3rd Street N.

Fire damages home in FL on Saturday

Fire caused significant damage to a home in Forest Lake on Saturday afternoon. Continue reading

Posted in Forest Lake Times | Tagged , , | Comments Off on Fire damages home in FL on Saturday

Eagan Fire Department offers reward for information on recent arsons

The Eagan Fire Department and State Fire Marshal’s Office are offering a reward for information on the arson fires last week at Eagan’s city parks. Anyone with information is asked to call the Arson Hot Line at 1-800-723-2020 or Fire … Continue reading

Posted in Sun Thisweek | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | Comments Off on Eagan Fire Department offers reward for information on recent arsons

Farmington firefighter’s quick action likely saved homeowner’s life

Fast-moving fire drew crowd of spectators by Laura Adelmann Thisweek Newspapers Farmington neighbors were used to smelling smoke coming from Greg Kaluza’s house. Kaluza typically cooked meat outside his small home at 612 7th St., but on the afternoon of … Continue reading

Posted in Sun Thisweek | Tagged , , | Comments Off on Farmington firefighter’s quick action likely saved homeowner’s life

Cherokee Sirloin Room to reopen, owner says

Improperly discarded cigarettes to blame for blaze by Jessica Harper and Tad Johnson Thisweek Newspapers The owners of Cherokee Sirloin Room say they plan to rebuild after a fire severely damaged the Eagan restaurant early Sunday morning.

Posted in Sun Thisweek | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | Comments Off on Cherokee Sirloin Room to reopen, owner says

Quick response kept Bunker Hills grass fire damage to a minimum

Quick mutual aid by neighboring fire departments enabled a Thursday afternoon (Sept. 29) grass fire at Bunker Hills Regional Park to be contained in about an hour, according to Andover Fire Chief Dan Winkel. Continue reading

Posted in ABC Newspapers | Tagged , , , , , , , , | Comments Off on Quick response kept Bunker Hills grass fire damage to a minimum

Coon Rapids deck fire damages siding, attic

A deck fire at a Coon Rapids residence Sunday evening caused damage to the siding and attic. Continue reading

Posted in ABC Newspapers | Tagged , | Comments Off on Coon Rapids deck fire damages siding, attic

Fire destroys Eagan garage

by Jessica Harper Thisweek Newspapers A fire Wednesday night significantly damaged a garage in Eagan. The Eagan Fire Department was dispatched shortly after 7 p.m. on Aug. 31 to a fire on the 2100 block of Sapphire Lane. Upon their … Continue reading

Posted in Sun Thisweek | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | Comments Off on Fire destroys Eagan garage

Arson suspected in barn fire in Blaine

A Thursday evening (Aug. 11) fire at an abandoned barn was allegedly caused by arsonists, according to the Blaine Police Department. Continue reading

Posted in ABC Newspapers | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off on Arson suspected in barn fire in Blaine